Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Norcold model#1200LRIM serial#1180653F in my rv. At

Customer Question

I have a Norcold model#1200LRIM serial#1180653F in my rv. At this time, it looks like I have no power to the unit, nothing happens when I push the on off button. I've checked the 110V outlet and there is power. I pulled off the cover to the main board and checked both fuses, a 3 and 5 amp I think and both are good. About 3 years ago, an rv tech had to replace a circuit board for a repair but as I recall, afterward it never automatically switched from electric to gas and vice versa. I'd like to get both problems fixed now. I await your response. John KunzlerXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Page 9 of the service manual will walk you through some diagnostic steps. The manual is available below.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm away from the RV for the weekend and will continue next week and will contact and rate you after working with your instructions. JK

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thank you. Have a great weekend!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been going through the steps as outlined however when I get to #6 where you want me to check DC volts between A&B pins under the front panel, I don't have anything in A pin. A pin is blank, next slot #2 has a yellow wire, next slot 3 has a purple wire, the remaining in that row are empty. On the top row, above the A slot is empty, #2 slot is white with purple tracer, #3 slot blue, #4 slot green, #5 slot, the B pin is white with red tracer, and #6, the last is white and a heavier guage. This manual you sent me is for a 1200LR. In my original question, I stated I had a 1200LRIM and gave the serial # XXXXX Is this the correct manual for my refrigerator?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The last letters are color and style codes, not important to the service of the product. This is the correct manual. I will place your question back to the list for others to see, perhaps another has more experience with this exact model and problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have received what looks like your total manual for the refer. However, after printing and reading it, I'm missing page 10. Thought it might have been a problem with my download but in checking your mail again, the 10th page is missing. Please supply this page. Ths. JK

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I have found a better manual, available below.

CLICK HERE
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Although we had some problems trying to diagnose the problem, first with the wrong or incomplete manual. Your persistance in locating a different manual proved successful. Thank you. I appreciate your help. JK

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is great news!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kelly, I have yet to order this optical control assemably because I saw a reference to someone else having what he describles as the same problem I have with his Norcold 2 door refer. His light is on and mine is off but my question to you is; is there an update to the latest manual you sent me regarding a saftey add on to my refer? It was a recall and the tech added this equipment to my refer to keep it from over heating and possibly causing a fire. Would appreciate being able to check this unit out before I replace the Optical Control Unit. Thanks for your continued support. John Kunzler

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It appears it was just a thermal limiter, so it should be just one part that the main power has to run through. The only information I can find is below.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your continued assistance. John

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly, After following you latest service manual, I ended up needing an Opitical Control Assemably. No one seemed to stock this piece until I contacted a supply company SMO Products in Mn. He specifically deals with this type of refrigerator in both RVs and marine products. He said the part was no longer available and had been replaced with an updated service kit containing a Power Board/Adapter Plate Assem., Opitical Display, Lamp/Thermistor Wire, and Service Kit Literature. The literature came with instructions for the kit but it doesn't contain a complete wireing diagram that incorporates the recall electric limiter that had been installed a couple of years ago. The instructions do caution to follow the exact wiring directions to protect the new boards from damage. I'm hoping to find a complete wiring diagram incorporating the original refer., the electric limiter, and the new boards. Can you help?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Page 51 at the link below has the wiring diagram.

CLICK HERE