Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

My dishwasher stopped working. No power, no lights, water not

My dishwasher stopped working. No power, no lights, water not draining. Whirlpool Dishwasher, Model number DU1055xt5q3
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..you confirmed 120 volts at the junction box underneath the DW? and bothose maret connections are tight? thx

Customer:

we checked at the fuse box, but have no way to check the junction box without pulling the dishwasher out of the space.

Randy 43 :

there is a junction box behind the kickplate undernneath the door panel , that would be the next place to check ,to make sure there is the proper power and connections are tight

Customer:

ok, have to remove toe kick molding...

Customer:

when can we get back to you and how?

Randy 43 :

just respond to this question ,im here for awhile

Customer:

we are not going to be able to do it tonight, what am i looking for when I get under there?

Randy 43 :

look for a little silver box , that is where the main connections are

Randy 43 :

make sure tight and good connections

Randy 43 :

if you have a meter ? confirm 120 volts

Randy 43 :

if that connection is good ,i would suspect your internal fuse ,which is located in the console area of your DW as the issue

Randy 43 :

remove screws around the inner door liner and seperate the inner and outer door panels and console ,look for the fuse(pic below) and check for continuity

Randy 43 :

Thermal Fuse W10258275       Main Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

or join wires together for a quick test ,then power back up and test

Customer:

how do i get the fuse out to check it?

Randy 43 :

do you have the control panel seperated from the inner panel?

Randy 43 :

you take the screws out from the inner panel and seperate the from the front

Customer:

i have the door panel apart and have found the fuse, h how do i get it unhooked f from where it is attached

Randy 43 :

it is unplugged? there is a little tab or clip that you pry with a screwdriver and pull out at the same time , did you test it?

Customer:

i is there any way you can call us? 570/862-2793

Customer:

we stuck a paper clip in to jump the fuse and it lit the control panel up. so that means its the fuse, right? where do i get a new fuse?

Randy 43 :

yes ,it is the fuse , you can get it online at repairclinic.com or any parts place can get it for you ,ill get you the part number

Randy 43 :

Thermal Fuse - Part # XXXXX Mfg Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

Thermal Fuse

RepairClinic Item # XXXXX

Fuse kit with wire harness and instructions *Always use new wiring harness.

Manufacturer Number(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

More

$18.80

Quantity:

Randy 43 :

or if it looks like the other one ? part number is W10258275

Randy 43 :

you should be able to get them anywhere really , should be available locally , sorry im not allowed to call

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert