Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My washer is stuck in lock and I cant open the door! Ive

My washer is stuck in lock and I can't open the door! I've tried several different cycles but nothing goes past the start of the spin cycle. Even tried cutting the circuit breaker. Is there any way I can open the door?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

If you open the little hatch at the bottom corner at the front first off there should be a manual release cord, The problem here is likely the drain filter is blocked, once you have the small hatch open slowly unscrew the drain filter mopping the water up with towels as you go, Pull the drain filter right out, next clean the drain filter clearing all the debris. Put the drain filter back then plug the machine back in, you will be able to open the door and the machine should be all set.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much! You provided the answer that helped and we were not only able to unlock the machine, but we restarted it and now it's fine!

Your welcome Tracie :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Tracie,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,