Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

all 4 burners on my kithenaid stove have started clicking like

all 4 burners on my kithenaid stove have started clicking like they are trying to ignite ad there is a gas smell in kitchen. What causes this?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

What has happened here is moisture has got into one of the ignition switches, To fix this problem shut the power off to the stove for 24 hours until the switch drys, you can help the drying process by taking the knobs off and aiming a hair dryer at the shafts, This should fix the problem :)

You can continue to use the stove but will have to light the burners with a match.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Pete,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it worked exactly the way you said it would. Thank you very much.

Your welcome

Thanks!

Mike.