Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Superba microwave and self cleaning oven combo at

I have a Superba microwave and self cleaning oven combo at my summer home. We just arrived. The self cleaning oven door won't open.

I did not use the self cleaning function. Help! I need to bake a 4th of July cake today!!!
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Try hitting and holding the cancel button, if this does not work try shutting the power off for 5 minutes.

If shutting the power off does not help the only other thing you can do to try to use the oven today is try to force the lock with a wire coat hanger, at this point it's likely the lock has failed meaning it will need to be replaced. :(

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Holding the CANCEL button for a period of time did not work.

Turning the power off did not work.

Using a coat hangar to gently slide the locking mechanism open did work although it did not fix it the problem. The coat hangar will have to be used throughout the day. But I will be able to bake our traditional 4th of July cake.

My zip code is 49720. Who can I contact to repair / replace the locking mechanism?

Can you give me a moment to look that up please Julie.
Ok Julie click on the link below for a list of company's in your area that could fix this problem.

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Julie,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,