Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a blodgett pizza oven. When the oven reaches temp. and

I have a blodgett pizza oven. When the oven reaches temp. and the burner kicks off it backfires and there is flame inside the burner. Have a new thermostat and safety valve already installed. Any ideas?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the combustion is off or it is getting too much fuel. How is the flame quality when it is burning? Are you using NG or LP fuel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

flame quality is good. I have adjusted it to get a blue flame. We use lp. how would the combustion be off?

The air to fuel ratio, there should be an adjustment, usually a moveable shutter at the base of the burner.