Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My Whirlpool Model WFW9200SQ00 will not turn on. When i push

My Whirlpool Model WFW9200SQ00 will not turn on. When i push the power button i just get a beep. What might be the problem?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up this model number please.
Ok rick Thanks for that, do you see any error codes on the display such as FDL or F02?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No codes show up. When this first started the machine would turn on but when you pushed the start button the machine said that the machine was done and shut down. There are no lights at all now.

Ok lets first try pulling the plug from the wall for 5 minutes then plug it back in and try to start a new cycle. If you see no lights at all even when you turn the power on pull the power cord again only this time as you plug it back in listen for a audible click from the machine as you plug it back in. Let me know if you hear the click or the machine shows signs of power.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not hear any click and there are no signs of power.

Ok the problem here is a bad power relay on the control board, This will need to be replaced :(

To do this pull the machine out from the wall and take the screws out along the rear lip of the machine, lift the top off you should see the control board with all the wires running to it. It should be a simple process of a few screws and swapping wires from old to new control.

I have looked at several suppliers for the control board and no one seems to have it in stock so I have included a link below of a company that will be able to ship it to you the quickest.

Click here to order the control

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.