Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Is there a changeable water filter in the Amana side by side

Is there a changeable water filter in the Amana side by side szd27nw refrigerator?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look that up please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sure, Thanks!

Ok unfortunately No there is no filter on this model, If you are having a problem with the taste of the water then you should install a inline filter on the water line coming to the unit, one can be purchased cheaply at lowes or home depot.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well Mike, I suppose that does. My Ice Maker continues to overflow and freeze up and I just replaced the inside unit recently, so I was hoping maybe it was something as simple as replacing a dirty water filter or something that was obstructing water flow but thinking about it now, I suppose one doesn't really have anything to do with the other. Guess that was just my little wishful schoolteacher thinking!! lol Thank you so much for your time. I've adjusted my water flow. I'm about out of ideas!! May just have to save up and call a "real repairman". haha. Thanks so much!

You've replaced the ice maker?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I ordered in the unit on the inside of the freezer less than a year ago and replaced it myself. It worked great for about eight months!