Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I am trying to replace the soap dispenser in a Kitchen Aid

I am trying to replace the soap dispenser in a Kitchen Aid KUD P01 ILWH6 dishwasher. I understand that I have to somehow remove the front panel of the door to access the dispenser from the front. I have removed about 8 screws around the inside edge of the door, plus the four machine threaded ones screwed in sideways, and not so obvious to see, but the inner and outer panels won't separate. How do I separate the inner (stainless steel) and outer (white) panels? thank you.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi to access the dispenser you only need open the door, Take all the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel, lift the control panel off then take the remaining screws out around the inner liner then lift the inner liner away from the door panel, If once all the screws are out you cant lift it away then it is likely stuck to the door panel with detergent, grab a puttey knife slide it in the gap between the inner liner and door panel and gently lever the inner liner away from the door panel.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks ... the edges come away easily, I can get them 1 or 2 cm separated. it seems to be attached near the centre of the panels. No way to get a putty knife or similar that far in. Should I just pull really hard?

There should be nothing holding the inner liner in place other then the screws around the inner liner so if it wont come away it's caught on something or sticking to something, I would try to give it a little force to try to get the inner liner away from whatever it's caught on.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the styrofoam is stuck to both panels. I am going to try to put that knife between it and the inner panel ..

Ok try taking the control panel off then looking down to see what is holding it, Detergent may have gotten into the panel and is sticking it in place. I'd not worry too much about breaking the styro foam.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok Mike, I got it separated! Thanks. It was the styrofoam stuck to both surfaces really tightly. Looks like intentional gluing, not just detergent. And yes the styrofoam suffered in the process, but it will still work fine I am sure!!

thanks for your help.

Your welcome David :)

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)