Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My whirlpool dryer telling me it is "sensing" when I put a

My whirlpool dryer telling me it is "sensing" when I put a wet load in it....then after a while it just turns itself off. What is going on? I have never had problems before.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The likely problem here is a problem with the heat system or the control board, If you have a ohm meter you should check the heater, thermal fuse, hi limit thermostat. If these parts all show good continuity then check the control board for damage or scortching.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The info you provided is what I had already figured out. I had already narrowed it down to the control panel or heating issues and I have pretty much ruled out control panel issues at this stage as all the buttons are working and responding. Thank you anyway, I had just thought this would be more informative.

I see you have rated me poor service Amiee, If you have additional question please press the continue button, I'd like to do whatever it takes for you to be satisfied.

I didnt make your dryer not work and can only tell you where the problem is on how to fix it, Please reconsider your rating since this will effect my ability to help customers in the future.

Thanks

You never mentioned you had narrowed it down to the heat system or control board, If you tell me what it is specifically you need to know perhaps I can help?

Not sure what other information you need to improve my rating?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Weird, I sent you a message in between you two with more questions and it did not go through.

Ok if you can repost the additional questions you have I would be happy to help Amiee :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I asked how to get the front panel off, both the top and bottom front panels of a whirlpool calypso.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GEW9868KQ2. I have to go to work.....will I be able to come back to this?

Yes, I will post back how to take the front panel off, You can come back at any time even after giving a rating for additional questions.
Ok below Is a link to a video that will show you how to take the dryer apart and remove the door panel.

Click here to view the video

Thanks!

Mike.