Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an indoor built in natural gas grill. Below listed info

I have an indoor built in natural gas grill. Below listed info that might be needed to help you identify my exact model. Char-glo by Waste King Model # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX Seq B Code D K BTU input 36,000 per hour Natural Gas Inches water column 4" My grill works great, except that the pilot seems to high? The metal grill top is very warm but not hot. Friends that have indoor grills say that theirs doesn't get that hot. The question is...How do I adjust the pilot flame on this model? [email protected]
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you access the gas components beneath the top, you will find number 2 in the picture, the main gas safety valve. There is a small adjustment screw on that valve for the pilot light.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not finding that set screw. How close to the flame? Mine has a heat shield welded over it. Hard to see and access. Do most of these older models heat the stainless lid to some degree? My top gets pretty warm, but will not burn anything. Is that normal?

It is normal for it to get hot, the metal will transfer heat from the pilot. Can you see the pilot burning too high?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doesn't appear too high to me. Had guests staying here this weekend that said theirs doesn't get that warm/hot. Mine is 30 some years old probably and theirs is almost new I suppose. Just going to leave it as is and chalk it up as that's how the old ones are suppose to work. Thx.

I believe your unit is working as designed, so if the flame is no more than 3/4" or so, you should not need to adjust it.