Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Dacor oven beeps and wont heat after start

Dacor oven beeps and won't heat after start
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Does it display anything on the display like an F1 code?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No codes. Just finished using it and was going to clean then decided to just bake and when I hit any of the options, the preheat temp comes on and the oven beeps and the appropriate light, e.g. Broil, bake, convection, flashes but no action. No pre either.
Ok thanks for the information. The problem you have is very common the touchpad assembly has gone bad for one reason or another. Dacor had a lot of issues with them. You can try and turn the power off to the oven at the circuit breaker panel for 30 seconds then turn it back in. If the unit starts beeping at some point on its own, the touchpad is bad, sometimes they stop for awhile so you may get lucky. They had a lot of failures on them and that is what you would need to get it repaired. You can get a touchpad through or a local supplier. The range in price from $250-400 depending on the model.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What's the warranty typically on this piece?

Dacor only gives a 1 year warranty on that part, unless you just bought it then it would be 3 years for anything purchased this year