kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

kbra22krss01 kitchenaide refridgerator says off in the display

kbra22krss01 kitchenaide refridgerator says off in the display no buttons work , compressor not on

kingmz :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX me a moment to look up info on this unit.

kingmz :

When you say you tested power at board and compressor how did you do that? I am asking to see what you did and see where we are.

Customer:

I checked with a multimeter I had 118vac at the input at the board neutral and line and no voltage at the compressor between the overload and the relay.

kingmz :

Does the diagnosis begin?

1. open the fresh food door and press and hold the alarm keypad
2. press and hold refrigerator temperature up keypad
3.release the door alarm keypad and wait 3 seconds
4. press the refrigerator up keypad again
5. display will show 001 in left display and numeric or dashes in the right display.
6.press freezer up keypad and freezer down keypad to toggle through service test numbers
7. exit the test mode by clsing the referigator door, or leave the unit unattended for 4 minutes and it will exit automatically.

Customer:

door alarm or warm alarm? pressed the minus button on freezer side unit did not turn back on.

kingmz :

door alarm sorry

Customer:

ok I am trying to follow your instructions exactly door alarm hold, ref up hold . release door alarm. wait 3 seconds. then what? release up button ? then repress?

kingmz :

hold door alarm key, then press and hold temp up key. Then let go of the door alarm key and temp up key, wait 3 seconds then press up keypad again.

Customer:

ok sounds good

Customer:

no 001 I will try again

kingmz :

before you do it again, shut the fresh food doors and open them and try again

Customer:

ok

Customer:

no 001 still says " off"

kingmz :

It appears you have an issue with that board, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-and-Display-Board/W10207861/1468995?modelNumber=KBRA22KRSS01

Remember once you put the new board in and make sure it works correctly before returning the old product. There is a $50 core charge on this I believe.

If you are satisfied with my answer please accept it, I will do a follow up with graphics showing you how to remove the old one, install the new one, and program the new one with a follow up. THank you.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

Been there done that already pulled the board

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/14cgtqg.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/xng0o8.png[/IMG]