Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

The clean button is blinking and the dishwashing will not allow

The clean button is blinking and the dishwashing will not allow me to wash another load. I have tried pressing and holding the start resume button and have turned the power off for several minutes but it is continuing to blink and I cannot wash another load of dishes. What should I do to fix the program?

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, the blinking clean light indicates that there was a problem heating the water. It may be the water was too cold or it could be a problem with the heater or door switch in series with the heat circuit. To restore your DW to operation you need to run the diagnostic cycle. Here is how to enter and advance through.

To start diagnostics, press the following keys in order in less than 6 seconds

Heated dry, Normal, Heated dry, Normal

To rapid advance one interval at a time, press the Start key. When you get to the end your DW will operate again. If there really is a problem in the heat circuit the clean light may begin to blink again after you use it a while. Depending on how your buttons are named you may need to use one of the following methods.

HIGH TEMP SCRUB, (POWER SCOUR), (HIGH TEMP SCOUR) next AIR DRY, (NO HEAT DRY), (ENERGY SAVER DRY) and repeat HIGH TEMP SCRUB, (POWER SCOUR), (HIGH TEMP SCOUR) next AIR DRY, (NO HEAT DRY), (ENERGY SAVER DRY)

OR

SANI RINSE next AIR DRY, (NO HEAT DRY), (ENERGY SAVER DRY) and repeat SANI RINSE next AIR DRY, (NO HEAT DRY), (ENERGY SAVER DRY)

The options listed as (NO HEAT DRY) etc. are other possible buttons to use. You will use the button on your dishwasher that you have.

To rapid advance one interval at a time, press the Start key

When you get to the end your DW will operate again. If there really is a problem in the heat circuit the clean light may begin to blink again after you use it a while. Let me know how this works for you. Dave

Customer:

I started but went from normal wash to quick rinse immediately after I pressed start

Customer:

It started but went from normal wash to quick rinse immediately after I pressed start

Customer:

it started but went from regular wash to quick rinse immediately