Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

Jon I did not know where to give you the model number in the

Customer Question

Jon I did not know where to give you the model number in the chat
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

you just have to type in the chat box to respond back to me. but please go back to the original question and type the model number in there so that way i can help you better.

Jon :

if you continue here then the website will charge you for a dublicate question.

Jon :

i know it is a little confusing.

Jon :

if you really need to stay in this chat that is fine. we will just have to close out the other question.

Jon :

just tell me here what the full model number of the washer is.

Jon :

and what light is lit on your washer?

Customer:

You didn't help me, because I did not know where to answer your question. I was not familiar where to answer. The Model Nr. for My GE Hydroheater Washmaching is WCVH6600H1MS. Can you still help me with getting the red light to go off , so that I can start my washing machine.

Customer:

The red light is a red lock

Customer:

Well I sure hope I am not getting charged for this. It was not very helpfull and a very impatient expert.

Jon :

got it thanks.

Jon :

so the door lock light is on?

Customer:

Jon did you get back here to help me?

Jon :

is your door closing and locking?

Jon :

why the poor rating?

Jon :

i am here to help you.

Customer:

The doo can be opened at will but the light is stuill on

Customer:

It said that you had left.

Jon :

please dont rate negatively. if you are having issues with the live chat feature please let me know or the website admins know and they will fix it. but please dont give me a negative rating for that.

Jon :

now lets start over.

Jon :

i have the model number now. thank you.

Jon :

give me one minute to look it up. and in the meantime, please tell me if the door is closing and locking on your washer?

Customer:

That's why . I am sorry if I missundersttood but you also said and I qupote " It was a pleasure helping you today" when you did not. That's why the poor rating.

Customer:

No, it's not locking , I can open it at will. Are you getting my answers?

Jon :

That is just a signature added to my account. It automatically comes up after my responses to you.

Jon :

i realize i have not helped you yet.

Customer:

OK I did not know that

Jon :

that is why i was asking for the model number os i could better help you.

Jon :

i now have the model number and diagrams for your model machine infront of me.

Customer:

Great!

Jon :

are you with the machine so we can check few things?

Customer:

No the machine is not by my computer but I can get to it if you give me a minute in between your question and my answer.

Customer:

What should I try

Jon :

ok. that works.

Jon :

first let me ask you some more questions and you can check them on your washer. ok?

Customer:

OK!

Customer:

Let me explain how this happened

Jon :

ok. first, when the door lock light comes on and stops your machine, is it right away after you hit the start button? or does it fill with water start to wash then give you the light and error and stop?

Customer:

I had filled the washer and started it and then decided to add another item and pushed the button for delay

Jon :

ok. please do explain. thanks

Jon :

ok.

Customer:

The I was able to open the door but not start the washer again

Jon :

ok.

Jon :

and that is where we are at now?

Customer:

That is correct

Jon :

ok. good.

Jon :

try this.

Customer:

I do not see a suggestion

Jon :

first cancel the current cycle by hitting the cancel button.

Customer:

OK give me a second

Jon :

then power off the machine by unplugging it for about 2 minutes. if you cant reach the plug try cutting the circuit off to the washer at your main circuit panel box.

Customer:

There is no cancel button

Jon :

ok. is there a power button? or on/ off button?

Jon :

if so, hit that and cancel the current cycle and get all lights to turn off. if you cant get current cycle to cancle then just unplug the machine. but it is best to cancel the current cycle before unplugging.

Customer:

Yes there is a POWER BUTTON BUT i CANNOT REACH THE CONNECTION THEY ARE BEHIND AND OUT OF REACH i WILL TRY THE MAIN SWITCH THAT WILL TAKE ME OUTSIDE SO WILL TAKE 2 MINUTES ok?

Jon :

ok. wait. first turn the machine off by hitting the off button on the control before flipping the switch on circuit breaker.

Customer:

oK

Jon :

what you have done by stopping the current cycle to add something is short out the control board. it happens often. what we need to do is reset the board. and to do that we need to stop the current cycle. then turn the whole machine off for about 2 minutes.

Jon :

this will reset the boards and get you back going again.

Jon :

so go ahead and do that now.

Jon :

let me know when you have powered the washer back on after a couple of minutes of being off. and let me know what lights are light on the control board.

Customer:

tHAT DID NOT WORK!

Customer:

tHE RED LIGHT IS STILL ON. iT'S THE REDLIGHT THAT LOOKS LIKE A LOCK.

Jon :

YOU DIDNT LEAVE IT OFF LONG ENOUGH.

Customer:

ok WILL TRY AGAIN. hOLD ON PLEASE.

Jon :

ok. lets stop a second here. and please do as i say. please.

Customer:

ok i AM STILL HERE

Customer:

Are you ready to give me another instruction?

Jon :

there has to be a way to cancel the current cycle on your control board. so please tell me what the buttons are on your control board. dont need to list the cycles around the knob. just the buttons.

Jon :

please tell me what buttons you have on your model control board? power, on/off, start etc. please tell what they are?

Customer:

POWER Start/Pause Hold 3 second Delay Start

Jon :

ok. thank you.

Jon :

is the washer filled with water now?

Customer:

NO

Jon :

ok. good.

Jon :

what cycle do you have it in now? and what lights are lit on the control board?

Customer:

nothin beside the red light. When I put power on the start does blink but does not do anything.

Customer:

and I also cannot do anything with turning to get either white wash etc etc

Jon :

ok.

Jon :

can you open the door to the washer?

Customer:

Yes

Jon :

ok. good.

Jon :

first off the red light is for the door lock on your washer. if it senses the door not closed and locked fully nothing will happen and the light will flash and the washer will not start. it doesnt want the water to flood out of the door.

Customer:

That is not the case. The dood closes fine and totally and it does not make a differene

Jon :

so we need to have you first close the door fully and then set the washer to a regular cycle on warm water or how ever else you would set the wash cycle then hit start. please tell me if it will not even let you do that?

Customer:

That is correct.

Jon :

it does make a difference. if after you close the door and start a cycle, if you dont hear the door lock activate or click the washer will not start.

Customer:

It will not let me do that.

Jon :

i am trying to determine if you are having and issue with the door lock or main control.

Jon :

this is how we diagnose the problems between the two.

Customer:

I can close the door and the start light goes on but does not let me start

Jon :

so please bear with me as we check.

Customer:

The red light does not go off.

Jon :

you are doing great by the way. just stick with me and we will know exactly what is going on here in a minute.

Customer:

Thank you

Jon :

ok. so it wont let you do what, start a cycle? or the door will not even locl?

Jon :

lock?

Customer:

Yes the door closes but it will not let me start a cycle,

Customer:

and it locks all the way I take it

Jon :

you are saying the door closes, this i know, you can physically close and open the door. but i need to know if the door is locking. the washer will not do anything if it deosnt lock.

Jon :

ok. do you hear the click of the lock mechanism after you close the door and set a cycle and hit the start button or no?

Customer:

It locks

Jon :

ok. good. if it locks but then will still do nothing please do this.

Customer:

Well actually that is the question isn't it

Customer:

shoot

Jon :

ok. i need confirmation here. it is very important that we be clear if the door is locking and if you ear the clicking of the door lock trying to lock.

Jon :

do you hear the door locking?

Customer:

I will go and try that againj.hold please for me to confirm.

Jon :

ok. I will be here. please check.

Customer:

OK Jon I am back and the washer door closed all the way as before but I had to hold down the other knob after that, which I neglected to do to relock and then it let me start. Thank you so much for leading me through this and if you tell me where, ???? I will change my opinion. You were very patient and let me to it. Kaching! Thank you you earned your money.

Jon :

you are very welcome. I am glad I could help you.

Customer:

Over and out.

Jon :

please remember to rate my performance positively here with this chat and the other question you had opened.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Johanna,

Thank you again for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

And thank you for being so patient as well. I know these washers can be difficult at times. especially one like yours that has a lot more options on it.

I am glad that I could help you fix the problem. In the future when you are wanting to add or remove clothes from the washer when the cycle has already started or been selected, please hit the pause button once for only about 1 second. This will pause the current cycle and allow you to open the washer door as long as there is not too much water in it.

Then just add or remove what you want and hit the start button. This will allow the cycle to continue as normal. And if you would like to change the cycle after it has already been set here is what you need to do. First again hit the pause button once. then when washer is paused hit the power button. now when the washer is off after about five minutes it will let you open the door, again only if there is not much water in it. then just hit the power button again to turn the washer on and reset the cycle to what you want.

If there is too much water in the machine you will have to drain the water out before you will be allowed to open the door. O in that case, hit the pause button once then advance the cycle to a drain and spin cycle then hit start button. Allow the water to drain and when the washer starts to spin again hit pause button then open the he door.

If you have any other questions or concerns with this washer please get back to me here again and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again for the positive rating and very generous bonus. It is greatly appreciated.