John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a maytag model PSD2450GR refrig and the frig gets hot

Have a maytag model PSD2450GR refrig and the frig gets hot where doors seal. Is there some kind of heat system to keep doors from freezing shut that is not shutting off? Gets to hot to hold a hand on it.
Hi XXXXX I will help you with the fridge problem.
Pull the fridge out and remove the bottom back panel and check the condenser coils and the fan motor by the compressor , if the coils are dirty or the fan motor has stopped going it will cause the heat at the front doors.
Let me know if that's the problem please .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

refrig works fine but worried about how hot it gets only where doors seal

Did you pull the fridge out to check what I mentioned the fan motor by the compressor and the condenser coils they can both cause the problem .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i have already checked and cleaned

Were the coils dirty and when were they cleaned ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not real bad and cleaned about 8 hours ago

I looked at the wiring diagram and that model has no electric heater, the hot gas from the condenser coils route that direction to keep the metal between the doors from getting to cold , if that gets cold moisture will accumulate at that location .
It will take 24 hrs after cleaning the coils for the heat to drop to a normal temp between the doors .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will give it some more time. i have had it unpluged for about 2 hours so maybe something was just frosted up or something. thanks for your help

Ok, I,m sure it will start to work ok with the cleaned coils its the only thing that can cause the problem .