Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Kenmore 665.16032402 dishwasher. The green clean

I have a Kenmore 665.16032402 dishwasher.
The green clean light keeps blinking and nothing works.
I did a ohm continuity test on the heater element after isolating the element.
It tested ok. I ordered the electronic panel and nothing changed.
The manual says to check the heating element circuit.
I took a chance and replaced the heating element anyway. Still no change.
I poured water into the unit and pushed the cancel/ drain button and it drained ok.
Could it be a bad thermal fuse?
Don Brierley

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, the blinking clean light does usually indicate that there was a problem heating the water. It may be the water was too cold or it could be a problem with the heater or door switch in series with the heat circuit. To restore your DW to operation you need to run the diagnostic cycle. Here is how to enter and advance through.

To start diagnostics, press the following keys in order in less than 6 seconds

Heated dry, Normal, Heated dry, Normal

To rapid advance one interval at a time, press the Start key. When you get to the end your DW will operate again. If there really is a problem in the heat circuit the clean light may begin to blink again after you use it a while. If you don't have the heated dry button see below for an alternative instruction.

HIGH TEMP SCRUB, (POWER SCOUR), (HIGH TEMP SCOUR) next AIR DRY, (NO HEAT DRY), (ENERGY SAVER DRY) and repeat HIGH TEMP SCRUB, (POWER SCOUR), (HIGH TEMP SCOUR) next AIR DRY, (NO HEAT DRY), (ENERGY SAVER DRY)

OR

SANI RINSE next AIR DRY, (NO HEAT DRY), (ENERGY SAVER DRY) and repeat SANI RINSE next AIR DRY, (NO HEAT DRY), (ENERGY SAVER DRY)

The options listed as (NO HEAT DRY) etc. are other possible buttons to use. You will use the button on your dishwasher that you have.

To rapid advance one interval at a time, press the Start key

When you get to the end your DW will operate again. If there really is a problem in the heat circuit the clean light may begin to blink again after you use it a while. Dave