Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have an 18 mo old Cabrio Washer that will not turn on

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with your washer. Do you get any lights to come on?

JACUSTOMER-lr1kzy8o- :

No there are no lights

Appliance Tech Dave :

Okay, thanks. When it is completely dead it is caused but a faulty main control or touch control. Here is the test to confirm which one is the problem. Unplug the washer and get into the top control area. There are three screws in the back holding the control panel in place. At the end of the control on the right side where a hose comes out, there are 3 connectors. The center one is marked P11 and is usually blue. Disconnect this connector and plug the washer back in leaving the connector disconnected. If the washer lid locks, unlocks and the valve hums or fills the problem is the touch control. If it does nothing it is the control. If you want part number please let me know.

JACUSTOMER-lr1kzy8o- :

OK we will try that - I will do rating after that

JACUSTOMER-lr1kzy8o- :

It is going to take me a while to do this how do I get back to you?

Appliance Tech Dave :

No hurry, lets find the problem first.

Appliance Tech Dave :

I will be here for 45 minutes and then back in the morning.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, just letting you know I will be ready to help you whenever you are ready.

Customer:

OK it is the touch control is this something we can replace ourselves?

Appliance Tech Dave : I am on my ipad. I will go to my computer and pick this up in a few minutes so I can look up the part and give you directions.
Appliance Tech Dave :

I'm back. There are two ways to replace the touch control. Either by itself, by removing it from the control panel or replacing the touch control assembly including the entire plastic control area. The price is almost the same for new parts and I see some used options on eBay for much less money. I will give you the part numbers and the prices I saw at one site and you can search and maybe find better prices.

Appliance Tech Dave :

The touch control only is W10297397 $238.15, (lots of work). The complete assembly is W10211352 $248.25 (There is a used one on eBay for $175) All you would need to do is attach the P11 connector and put the rest back the way it came apart.

Customer:

Wow! I am sure not impressed with this machine so far! Thank you very much for the help I appreciate it.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Yes, I understand. This is an expensive repair even when you save $130 in labor. Best wishes in whatever you decide.

Customer:

Excellent service - Expensive machine!

Experience: 30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have looked around and Sears has the same part number called a console for 175.00 is it the same thing? They are the only site without a picture

That is logical because it is the complete control panel. I just checked the Sears site and W10211352 is $176.29 and that is the right part. Happy 4th to you. Dave