kingmz
kingmz, Customer Service
Experience:  Looking to learn as well as teach.

Dishwasher glasses dont look clean and have water spots

Dishwasher glasses don't look clean and have water spots
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

kingmz :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you please start the dishwasher on normal cycle and wait for all the water to stop filling. Some models water will fill then wash then fill again, make sure the water is done filling. Then open the dishwasher and check the water level. You will see a float switch in the front left or right of the dishwasher on the bottom of the dishwasher, its a round object. Is that round object floating?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

I'll be right back, this may take a minute

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

Hello, This white dome object does not appear to be floating.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

It had a retaining cap over it which I removed, in order to view the float.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

Is there anyone there

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

What is the importance of this object?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

How do you adjust the water level?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

Should I use a system cleaner. If so, then which cleaner should I use?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

I's like to finish this today,Please. Hello?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

Do I need a new water level sensor?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

C'mon man!!!

kingmz :

I am sorry I was having issues with the chat, one moment.

kingmz :

Could you please read the model number from the unit, will be on the inside of the unit on the left or right wall.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

yes, just one minute, Please.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

pdw928onooss

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

or PDW9280N00SS

kingmz :

Are you handy? To test what is wrong I will need you to remove the water line and test water coming from your water line.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

is that the water line from the wall faucet or the line that goes to the small white plastic line inside?

kingmz :

It would require, taking off the bottom kick plate(either 1/4 or phillips screw) and using a wrench to take off the water line from your water valve, turn off the water before taking it off.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

I checked that today for gravel or other blockage.

kingmz :

did you turn on the water with the water line disconnected?

kingmz :

I want to check the pressure from that line, it may be kinked.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

no. I had the dishwasher in the garage and removed the waterline and check for screens and blew out the lines on the dishwasher

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

but I didn't chech the hot water line from the faucet. I thought it would be good.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

The line is not kinked.

kingmz :

We are checking the water line that goes to the water valve, its a different water line than the faucet. If you could please check the water, we can continue. I do things in order to come to a diagnosis, I don't want you to buy a part you don't need, that won't be good for either of us.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

I don't understand which water line your indicating then.

kingmz :

THe line that connects to the water valve that delivers water into your dishwasher.

kingmz :

If you look under your sink, follow a water line that goes from a valve under your sink into a hole in the wall (that goes to the valve under the dishwasher).

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

Ok, is that the line that connects to the bottom of the hot water valve that comes out of the wall or purely a system line?? Sorry for the confusion>

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

Sorry I just saw your answer.

kingmz :

More than likely it is a bronze water line (could be stainless steel) that goes from under your sink into the valve under the dishwasher, there should only be one line.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

I'll try.

kingmz :

Turn off water, disconnect line from valve, get a big cup or jug and turn the water on. Make sure there is a strong current.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

Hello. The water line is off the system valve.

kingmz :

Did you get a big cup or jug and put the line into the cup or jug and turn the water on from the valve, is there strong water pressure?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

Let me go check the water flow. be right back.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

the water pressure is strong.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

It was a strong jet of water.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

it is a stainless steel line.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

flex line.

kingmz :

ok good, reconnect the line and turn the water on. More than likely the issue with your dishwasher is the water vavle, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/WD15X10014/2309993?modelNumber=PDW9280N00SS

If you don't have enough water going into the dishwasher the dishes will never clean correctly. You have stated the water level is not making the float switch float, and therefore is not at the correct level. To be thorough, does water go all the way to to the door when the water is done filling?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

no The water level does not touch the door. I have a question. The system fill line is small white line probably 3/16. is that correct?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

It could even be 1/8.

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

Does the machine fill on a timer or float level?

JACUSTOMER-ayf5p2fq- :

let me reconnect the lie though and refill the machine Ill be right back

kingmz :

There is a set time limit that water fills, if there is an issue with the valve, the correct amount of water iwll not come in the correct amount of time.

kingmz :

If you are satisfied with my answer please accept it. Once you accept it I will do a follow up and make sure you get that valve installed correctly. Thank you and have a good night.

kingmz, Customer Service
Experience: Looking to learn as well as teach.
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.
Hello, installing the water valve is pretty easy. You don't have to remove the dishwasher but it will be much easier if you do. Turn off the water, remove water line. There will be a screw or two holding the valve, remove old valve and put new valve on exactly how the old one was on.