Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer and it stops during the drain

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer and it stops during the drain spin cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can I get a model number please to better assist you? The model # should be located on a sticker just below the lid down near the hinges.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wtw5500xwt
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK so if the unit only stops before the spin cycle, this usually means there is an issue with draining the water out. You'll want to tip the washer backwards and unplug the washer. Have lots of towels or a wet vac ready because you'll need to remove the drain pump and check for blockages. Remove whatever debris you find and try the washer again. Below is a link to the drain pump your looking for as well as a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I see you gave me a negative rating. Was there something I could help you with to improve that rating?