Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

My Whirlpool Washing starts and then stops. It will run for

My Whirlpool Washing starts and then stops. It will run for 30 seconds then stop. I finally had to take the clothes out and wash them by hand.
I had a repairman look at it and he says it appears to be the time. It will cost $340 to replace it. He says that the cycle are off for instance when it was spinning it was filling up.
I just want to know is this correct. I have read some things on the internet and it could possible b the motor or the console. I don't want to spend all this money and find out that it's something else so my question is. from what I've described do you think it's the timer? Or is it too much up in the air to conclude? I'm thinking I should by a new washing machine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 32 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs under my belt.

May I have the model number of your unit to better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lsq9610LGO

this is a mechanical timer there is NO WAY the operations can be off unless the timer knob and dial have been replaced .

The only way it could be the console is if it was replaced from another model .

I would think you would have known if it was replaced .

and when it shuts off can you get it to come right back on ?

And will it run longer then the 30 seconds while filling up ,when the motor is not running?

Woody

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it comes back on in its own time. Just now it was spinning while water was coming in lot the chamber.
Now it is on the rinse cycle and it stopped again

You do realize in the final spin this unit does bring in water while it is spinning right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea

but it stopped just now before the rinse cycle ,and it comes back on immediately or after a few min ?

when it stops does the timer still advance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the timer advanced
ok can you tell me has it ever stops when it it just filling and no motor operation ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no only during motor operation

ok good info in that last post !!

I have to suspect you have a motor getting hot and shutting off .

It is easy to replace CLICK HERE for part info

Here is a video on replacing it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OjjO3iaZUU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My washer started working again without issue.
So I don't know what to do. Buy another or keep this one?

By chance had you done several loads or a heavey load befroe this started to happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's hard to say. We use the washer frequently every week.

ok than All I can say is go ahead and use it if you have an issue we can go from there .

Even after you rate me I will assist you .

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line