kingmz
kingmz, Customer Service
Experience:  Looking to learn as well as teach.
64161474

I have a newer model Electrolux refrigerator and the door dispenser

I have a newer model Electrolux refrigerator and the door dispenser for ice and water is not working. The ice maker is producing ice; however, neither ice or water will come through the door dispenser.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

kingmz :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you please read me the model number located in the fresh food section.

Customer:

Electrolux Model E123CS55GS1

kingmz :

When you press the ice or water lever's do you hear a clicking noise?

Customer:

no clicking noise -- the lever seems to be loose - it can be wiggled side to side.

kingmz :

Ok, it seems as if the actuators aren't hitting the switches that allow you to get ice and water.

Customer:

Can I fix this - or is a professional needed?

kingmz :

You will have to take off the front dispenser. I believe with this model, take out the drip tray (should come out with force) and there will be screws that need to be removed. Make sure you disconnect the unit/

Customer:

This drip try appears to be attached to the electronic display panel - no visible screws

kingmz :

Okay, then this one must be attached by clips. I can't find a blow out to see exactly how it looks. Use a flashlight and look under the front of the name plate and find a break in the plastic. Then take a putty knife or something similar and use a paper towel at the end of it and pry the frame off. Now you can break the clips, even experts will break the clips. If you don't want to risk breaking it, I would suggest calling a repairman.

If the problem is what I think you can easily do this repair and it will cost you next to nothing compared to a company coming out.

Customer:

Got the cover off without breaking the clips! Unscrewing the drip tray now

kingmz :

Good

Customer:

drip tray unscrewed

kingmz :

I don't know exactly how this is set up with the wires and everything. After the frame comes, see if the entire actuator arms and display board come off together. it may require unplugging wires and removing the panel. Make sure if you have to remove the wires, to write down where they go or take a picture.

Customer:

ok - after removing everything we discovered the dispenser lever is broken - it's just heavy plastic. Hopefully I can order a new one

kingmz :

More times than none its something like this, cheap plastic.

Customer:

Thanks for your help! This was awesome.

kingmz, Customer Service
Experience: Looking to learn as well as teach.