Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Inglis front loading washer which in the last couple

I have a Inglis front loading washer which in the last couple of weeks has stopped draining all the water after the rinse cycle and then stops and starts beeping warning me of a problem. i had a technician come out take a look and he said it was the pump which he cleaned out and then it was fine, now after 3 days of working fine it is doing it again. Do we need to replace the pump?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that Fiona.

He likely cleaned out the drain filter but some new stuff has run into the drain filter.

Take the panel off under the door.

Once the panel is off you will see the pump, built into the pump is the drain filter, slowly unscrew the drain filter mopping up the water as you go with a old towel. Pull the drain filter right out then clean it, next put the drain filter back and try a new cycle, If you get the same problem then yes the pump will need to be replaced.

Click here to order the pump

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.