Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

kenmore model 110.92824101 has no heat. The ignition coil

kenmore model 110.92824101 has no heat. The ignition coil glows for 10-15 seconds and shut off. I don't hear the click of the gas turning on, but the impedance across the terminals of the gas valve relay is 1350 ohms - within spec.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

First, make sure your vent is cleaned and the best way to do that is just run a cycle without the vent hose connected to the back of the dryer to see if things change. If your dryer still won't dry properly, then this is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced. As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak. You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter. It doesn't matter if the resistance checks good or not, you can't test them when they are heating up which is when they won't read correctly. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Parts ordered. will arrive in 2 days. I'll let you know if that does the trick, and ask followup questions if it doesn't.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK good luck to you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have replaced the coils and that did not fix the problem. Still no gas. This dryer has been in storage for the past several years, the vent is clean. What else can it be?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The only other possibility if you're certain that the dryer is getting gas from your house is the entire gas valve itself. You may just need to let it run for a while to try and bleed out all the air in the gas lines if you haven't done that yet and it was in storage for so long. Other than that, you'll need to replace the entire gas valve because the cheaper coils didn't fix the problem. Below is a link to that part and it's much more expensive I'm afraid.

CLICK HERE for valve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What kind of voltages should be going to the coils? The two pole has 120V and ground, the 3 pole has 120v, 1.5v, and ground.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The coils are not the problem. But 120 volts is correct for going to each coil on one terminal.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Valve assembly is on order.. hopefully that does the trick! I'll be certain to let you know one way or the other.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
ok good luck.