Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MDB6650AWB Will not fill. Pops circuit breaker. Replaced

MDB6650AWB

Will not fill. Pops circuit breaker.
Replaced supply valve.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there aren't too many options left if you have already replaced the supply valve. If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic control board or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your control board. Below is a link to the control board in case you need it.

CLICK HERE for control board

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I suppose I should have said I already checked the voltage - none to the switch. The switch works. I assumed it was the control board, I just wanted confirmation.

When I fill the machine from the nearby sink spigot, it functions just fine - until it needs water again . . .

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So you could have a bad control board, butI would also take the door apart and look down at the hinges inside the door because sometimes a wire will break right at the hinge causing it to trip the breaker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there any other circuit board malfunction that could cause the breaker to pop? It seems to pop when the machine is in the "fill" time but with no water.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No there is not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not one, but two cut wires. Solder, heat shrink and prophylactic tape and we are back in business.

Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Awesome, I'm glad we got this solved!

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.