Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my maytag cennennial model mvwc400xwo wont start?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is your washer filling up with water or anything? Will it not fill, drain, wash, or spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
There are only two things that will cut power to the entire unit including fill. First, make sure you're getting 120 volts to the washer from your house. Run an extension cord to an outlet you know is working and if it still won't turn on, you have a shorted timer. Below is a link to the main timer control board inside your control panel that will stop all functions on this washer. It will need to be ordered and replaced to fix this issue.

CLICK HERE for timer

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?