Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have Kenmore Elite 795 75192401 bottom freezer with French

Customer Question

Have Kenmore Elite 795 75192401 bottom freezer with French Doors. The "refrigerator" part (not freezer) froze everything over the weekend. Lights lit up: Lock and filter reset. Settings are now at -88 with Express Freeze button lit up. What happened and how to I reset?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately with the display showing -88, it means that your refrigerator thinks your refrigerator temperature sensor has failed. If you haven't tried already, try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work and it shows -88 in the display, replace the sensor inside the refrigerator. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for sensor

Now, just so you understand, if the sensor doesn't fix the problem, that would mean that your control board itself has failed and would need to be replaced because it's not reading the sensor properly and it thinks it has failed even though it hasn't.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!