Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Portable A/C p/n PACA110-A120E. Second season of use. When

Customer Question

Portable A/C p/n PACA110-A120E. Second season of use. When used in either the A/C or Dehumidify modes, unit leaks removed moisture. Water is dripping from bottom rear edge of unit housing. Have cleaned and drained water holding tank multiple times, After draining and restarting, within a few minutes, unit begins dripping water again.
I believe removed water should siphon into and be ejected with the exhaust airflow. It did work this way all last summer.
Suggestions ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 3 years ago.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello my name is Dave. Your question will be difficult to complete by messaging but I will explain operation and you can ask more questions as needed. Normally water drips off the cooling tubing and drops into a drain pan where it is recirculated up over the warm coils where the air gets exhausted out of the room. The leak could be because the water is missing the pan or there is a crack in the pan or the pan is full and the pump or fan is not working. When there is no water leaking if you tip the unit over in a safe area and a lot of water comes out you will know it is not a crack in the pan. It will need to be taken apart to see what is wrong. Let me know what I can do to help.