Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Does anyone know what a blinking pre-rinse light on the Danby

Does anyone know what a blinking pre-rinse light on the Danby DDW1899WP dishwasher indicates. The owner's guide doesn't explain it; just says it is illuminated during the pre-rinse cycle. The machine now doesn't ever switch over to the wash cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If the light is flashing, it is an error code. How many flashes between pauses? Will anything happen if you attempt to start a cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay. I can't get the info yet, because the machine is in a tenant's apartment and I'll have to wait until later today.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all, just reply when you can. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here's what I did

Attatched hose assembly to water

Turned power on

All indicators lit (pre-check I suppose)

One light stayed lit - no/low salt indicator. Water is soft, so not using that feature.

Pressed "start"

Pre-rinse cycle light blinked steadily as machine filled, rinsed, and emptied

After drain pump stopped, pre-rinse indicator remained blinking steadily with no pauses. It never switched over to the wash cycle.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
When you say it rinsed, the recirculation motor did come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It appears not. Water comes in but when everything goes quiet, I pause the cycle, open the door, and there is about 1/2 in of water in the bottom of the washer, but the dishes have not been sprayed.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, any humming or buzzing noise at all? You may need to even place your ear to the cabinet to hear it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no hum or buzz. I hit the start/pause/resume button (the only action button available apart from the power on/off button). The cycle pauses and the pre-rinse cycle light goes on solid. I then push the same button to resume, and the light goes back to blinking and after a few seconds I hear a very soft chunck sound, a little metalic perhaps, but not much. That's it

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the pressure switch has issues, specifically the contacts that close when the water has filled to signal the motor to turn on. I would replace that switch, available below.

Pressure Switch <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!