Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Frigidaire Refrigerator icemaker is making ice but when

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Refrigerator icemaker is making ice but when I go to dispense the ice, it starts to dispense then the freezer door pushes open. Can you help me with this please?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you?

And are you saying the entire freezer door is popping open when you try to dispense ice through the door?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry sir I was wrong it is not a Frigidare it is a Maytag and the model number is MSD27542RW. And yes the whole freezer door is pushing open.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK perfect, so remove the entire ice bucket and then shut the door and push the ice dispenser paddle. Does the door still pop open? Does the freezer make a weird noise?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No to both questions.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK so this means that your ice bucket itself is causing the problem. You'll need to dump all the ice in the bucket and try to thaw all the ice out by running hot water through it. Try to install the bucket and try it again with no ice and completely thawed. If it still pops the door open, you'll need to take the bucket apart and try to determine what is jamming up inside the front of the ice bucket causing it to pop the door open.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?