Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

maytag dishwasher door will not latch. unit will start with

Customer Question

maytag dishwasher door will not latch. unit will start with the door open. does not have external door latch.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door aperture please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

6 920309 B

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Can you take another look, the model number will be on a sticker around the door with the serial number and look like this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok can you give me a minute to look that up Lance.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok the problem is the door latch assembly, it has broken somehow inside the door and it's likely the switches or switch has broken.

This will need to be replaced, To do this open the door, take all the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel, lift the control panel out, you will now have access to the latch so that you can replace it.

Click here to order the new latch

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lance,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,