Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Jenn-Air 156C range (vintage now, I guess) & my oven

Customer Question

We have a Jenn-Air 156C range (vintage now, I guess) & my oven racks are very difficult to insert and are scraping inside of oven liner on sides. I'm thinking this may have been caused by my leaving them inside oven for self-cleaning (more than once, unfortunately). Would replacement racks maybe solve problem or would you think inside 'cabinet' may be warped. I don't think side liner panels are available? Any ideas would be welcome. - Brenda
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you are exactly right on what has happened. Your oven racks will stop sliding when you leave them in during the self clean cycle. This is because the oven gets too hot for the chrome finish and even though still feel relatively smooth afterwords, they don't have that waxy gloss feel to them anymore. You just need to replace the oven racks and you'll be good to go again. Below is a link to the oven racks you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for oven racks.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I'm disappointed because I purchased new racks but it didn't fixe the problem-still can't use 2 middle racks without forcing them in & scraping oven liner. It appears that replacement oven liner kit is no longer available from sites I've checked. I SO wish I could get this fixed! -Brenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I'm disappointed because I purchased new racks but it didn't fix the problem-still can't use 2 middle racks without forcing them in & scraping oven liner. It appears that replacement oven liner kit is no longer available from sites I've checked. I SO wish I could get this fixed! -Brenda
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So there is no way to fix the problem if you need a new liner. I'm sure they slide much better on the top and bottom racks than they did since you had them run through self cleaning before---but at this point there is absolutely nothing you can do to get the middle section to slide better if the liner is bowing in.