Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

dishwasher Kenmore 665.15654000 will not turn on for me. Lights

dishwasher Kenmore 665.15654000 will not turn on for me. Lights are flashing sinultaneously on pots and pans, light cycle, rinse cycle, delay, drain/cancel buttons. tried holding down on them for several seconds. that stopped the lights but did not turn on dishwasher. when i touched heavy wash button again, the lights started flashing again. Touching cancel sometimes makes it drain. Do I need a new panel or just replace a fuse? The dishwasher just went into drain mode as I sit here and type.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you tell me what color your control panel is? white? black?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

white...well no it is bisque! lol

Ok lol give me a minute to look that up please lisa.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Lisa thanks for that, Your problem here is going to be the touch pad button/buttons have shorted, This means the control panel will need to be replaced.

To do this open the door then take all the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel. Lift the control panel out then swap the control board and latch to the new panel (a few screws and wires)

Click here to order the new control panel

It appears no one has this part in stock so it may take a few days for you to get the replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike! I had a feeling it was the control panel, but I was being overly optimistic that by just pushing a button, I might resolve the problem easily. Your answer is just as easy, but my dishwasher is an older model and I might just go out and buy a black model like I wanted all along. LOL My husband wanted Bisque!! LOL Go Figure!! Thanks again!

Your welcome Lisa :)