Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Maytag washer will not drain and spin completely when clothes

My Maytag washer will not drain and spin completely when clothes are in it leaving water in the bottom and water soaked clothes in the washer. The machine signals "nd". When I run the washer through with no clothes it goes through the whole cycle with no problems. What would your diagnosis be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker under the lid or from around the door please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Front loader......where would the information be?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
on a sticker around the inside of the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MODEL #MAH8700AWW

SERIAL #16213685JE

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Brenda, your problem is going to be either the pump has a restriction in it or the pump is bad.

Pull the machine out from the wall, take the panel off in the rear, you should see the pump, Disconnect the drain pipes running from the tub to the pump then the pump to the stand pipe. Next pull the pump out and check inside for debris (coins) clear anything you find, install the pump back then plug the machine back in and try a new cycle, If you get the same problem then the pump is bad and will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just cleaned out hose and pump. Pump had a lot of black muck and my husband cleaned it out and we put washer back together. Running cycle now to see if it is going to work. Will let you know. If this doesn't work we will have to order pump.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still says nd when I ran it through quci cycle. Where do I order a Pump from.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Give me a minute, ill look that up for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Also it stays on minutes like 14 for awhile then flashes nd....then I hit the button again and proceeded the wash process until 9 minutes and now it is froze again and I expect it to say nd again soon. When it does it the wash, rinse and spin lights are lit up simoultaneously.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Click on the link below to order the pump.

Click here

The machine will pause when the machine does not empty out fast enough.

Thanks!

Mike.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brenda,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,