Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We purchased a Kenmore bottom freezer fridge in 2012. We can

Customer Question

We purchased a Kenmore bottom freezer fridge in 2012. We can not get the plastic covering off fridge light to replace bulb. The manual that came with the refridgerator does not list our model number which is 76204. We need to change bulb Help!!! Do we need a different manual? This one is no help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So below is a picture of your light cover and I have drawn 2 red arrows at the plastic clips you need to depress with a flat head screwdriver and that will release the light cover so that you can fold it down and off.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We can not depress the plastic clips.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
This is the only way to remove the light cover, so if for some reason this is not something you can do yourself, you'll need to contact a technician to do this job for you because there is no other way to remove this cover.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I see you gave me a negative rating. Was there something I could help you with to improve that rating?