Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Our Frigidaire freezer door is not sealing properly. The door

Our Frigidaire freezer door is not sealing properly. The door was left open, had to throw away food and clean and now door will not deal. What can we do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The door seal likely has lost it's seal because the magnets inside the seal have lost grip, to cure this problem shut the door then use a hair dryer on low heat to warm the gasket up, As the gasket warms up you should see it move and seal.

This should sort the problem out but if you do continue to have a problem the gasket would need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we tried the hair dryer. It worked at first but door now continues to not seal. Any other suggestions?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If warming the gasket did not work then you would need to replace the gasket, if you let me know if this is the freezer or fridge door ill look up the part number for you :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a Frigidaire freezer, Model MFU14F3GW3. I did not see the reply to expert so I filled out another request responding to your suggestion about the hair dryer. I would like to not be charged for that second request. How long should we warm the gasket?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
The gasket should be warmed until the gasket makes contact around the aperture.

Don't worry I already canceled the other question and put in for a refund for you :)

Click here to order the gasket

Thanks!

Mike.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using the dryer several times has re-activated the gasket. It does not seem to be sealing quite like it used to before but we plan to use the hair dryer again. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok great, Thanks!