Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Okay, heres my second question. I got a call from a guy who

Okay, here's my second question. I got a call from a guy who has two problems with his refrigerator. One sound is a chirping like a cricket, he says. The other is something I've never heard of. He says it doesn't it do it all the time but his ice maker apparently makes a banging sound sometimes. That's a new one one me.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the banging noise is a bit strange, but you'll want to check the icemaker and make sure that the complete tray is filling up with ice and not just half of it because that will torque the white plastic rake that pushes the ice out of the icemaker and cause it to jam up. Other than that, the icemaker itself would just need to be replaced because there isn't much else that can make the icemaker make a noise.

As for the chirping, that usually means the evaporator fan motor inside the freezer is starting to go bad and the bearing is wearing out. If the noise is coming from the freezer, then that is definitely the part you need to replace.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!