Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

sometimes there is water on the floor by the door where the

sometimes there is water on the floor by the door where the door handle is. Other times there is water inside on the bottom and doesn't appear tobe from spillage. What gives
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator and can be seen if you open the door.

Also, when you see water inside on the bottom, is it in the freezer or the refrigerator section?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

S/N 11798910U7

Not in the freezer compartment, in the food storage area.

Ok perfect, thank you for that added information. So this is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly. Cut a solid copper piece of wire about 6 inches long. Wrap it around the defrost heater a couple times just above the drain hole and extend it 2 inches into the defrost drain hole. That will transfer heat into the drain hole when the defrost heater turns on and will prevent the defrost drain line from freezing over in the future.

Also, if you didn't want to use a copper wire, there is an actual kit made which you can wrap around the heater if you wanted to buy the actual kit to perform this task.

CLICK HERE for kit

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The answer was incorrect. A repairman found that the the drain was not blocked. Instead he found that the "freezer box" was split at the drain and all the melted water was not going into into the drain tube but some water was running into the refrigerator and out on the floor.I don't need any more help. I don't need another answer