Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My dishwasher latch is not locking

My dishwasher latch is not locking
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door aperture please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
The model number will start with letters then numbers, there will be a sticker around the door aperture with the model and serial number, can you take another look please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DU1055XTV00

Thanks for that Evelyn, can you give me a moment to look thaat model number up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

675-0

Ok the problem will be the door latch assembly has broken (common problem) this will need to be replaced.

To do this open the door, shut the power off then take all the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel. Lift the control panel out, you will now have access to the latch assembly, you should see the broken part which is likely the latch.

Click here to order the new latch actuator

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks...we'll try that!

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)