Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

i have a FRIGIDAIRE fridge model number jsi26. Freezer temp

i have a FRIGIDAIRE fridge model number jsi26. Freezer temp is showng 5y and fridge temp showing EF. I have no manuel... what do i do?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Did you get the JSI26 number from the ice maker?

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you that is it. Give me a few minutes to look at the style and diagrams.

Tanja, there is testing with a volt meter required to accurately diagnose which of two parts is broken because either of the 2 could cause this error. Is there anyone there who has a meter or do you know someone who can test?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.. what do we do?

We have access to video's that will help. I will need a few minutes to set those up for you. One will show where to test, the second to show how to gain access to the main board. About 5 minutes and I should have those here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sounds good. thanks

The error is caused because the main board is not reading the fan in the freezer. It is either not turning because it is bad or its not turning because the main board is not sending power to it. This fan motor is located in the freezer behind the lower section "inside". Behind the rear wall.

To determine which is bad check all of the connections ( just follow the video) to be sure all are clean and tight. Try and see if the fan motor is operating. If not test for power at the fan motor. If you have power replace the fan motor. If you have no power replace the main board.

I realize you may have questions, please use to reply to expert link. If you do okay and have no questions please leave a rating. I will be going to work in about an hour and a half.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks ... just trying afew things now

You are very welcome, let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

by the looks of the back of the freezer, i think the fan actually froze right up... still getting that back panel off.

It may have, let me know what the coils look like behind that. Light to medium frost or completely clogged with frost.