Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a frigidaire dishwasher, FDB520RHS2. It has an indicator

I have a frigidaire dishwasher, FDB520RHS2. It has an indicator below the heat dry button; the indicator looks like a padlock and in the middle there is a green light which won't go off. Meanwhile none of the other buttons work so it won't start and I cant turn off the light. The cancel button, held down for extended, the cancel in tandem with the heat dry, or any other buttons, doesn't help. The light will go off while the cancel AND another button are held down but it doesn't stay off. A previous online answer to same question indicated holding down two buttons that the light was between....doesn't really apply in this case but held down all the closest buttons. Nothing
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Try holding down the heated dry button for 5-10 seconds.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't understand why that works when you say it. I tried it already. But in this case it worked. I don't suppose the same thing applies to an electrical outlet with a reset button? I held it down for longer than 10 seconds. It cost me $100 to have someone come out and reset it for me two years ago. Sort of like this. And no, I am not asking another question or wanting to pay another $30. Just saying it makes no sense. Thanks

The manual normally states to hit the button for 3 seconds but I have found that 3 seconds is not enough time and the button needs to be held down longer. Have no idea why it worked this time but it worked :) glad to have been helpful.

Thanks!

Mike.