Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

When I reset my kenmore dishwasher 685.16039400 it goes into

When I reset my kenmore dishwasher 685.16039400 it goes into a wash mode. Sometimes it works for a few days then it just wont do what you push a button to tell it to do. I replaced the control board $ but it literally changed nothing.

Any ideas?

bryanpaul52 :

So the keypad doesnt respond sometimes ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

correct,I guess that's how to describe it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I reset it, every light comes on and it then goes to a random wash cycle. I then hit cancel to clear the cycle.

From there I can pick a wash cycle and wash. This works for a few days then will stop working, that is, it will not allow you to pick a wash cycle.

Kinda odd and very frustrating....

I'm very sorry we are having a lot of storms and the internet has been spotty, power outages too, can you recheck that model number its not comming up.thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

kenmore 665.16039400

today after I ran it, it wouldn't let me reset it. I can push buttons but nothing happens as it should....

okay the issue is with the control panel. you cna try taking a hair dryer and warming up the keys massaging them with your fingers as you go , Sometimes this will get the keys working again. this doesnt always work but sometimes does, If it deosnt you need to replace the control (keypad assembly) click this blue link to order .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the part today....

Your very welcome, have a great weekend,thanks, Bryan