Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kenmore washing machine model #417.98402301 is not filling

Kenmore washing machine model #417.98402301 is not filling on any wash cycle setting.
It does fill on rinse cycle. Could this be the timer switch?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you double check that model number one more time please? It appears as though maybe 1 number might be off somewhere after the 417 . xxxxxxxxx?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, number is XXXXX

OK perfect, that works so thank you. So this appears to be a top load washer with a single pressure switch which means that you are correct. There is only one part that can stop the washer from filling in the wash cycle and not the rinse cycle and that is the timer control itself. You'll need to order and replace part number 134237200 and below is a link to the timer you'll need to order for this model number.

CLICK HERE for timer control

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!