Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Kenmore elite front load washer with a te error code. does

Customer Question

Kenmore elite front load washer with a te error code. does not drain H2o
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

This is a temperature sensor control error code. This unit is made by Samsung for Sears. Sometimes the temperature sensor is bad or the wiring to the temperature sensor is broken. You would need to take off the top and back to get to the sensor to test it and the wiring to it. It can take up to a week or more to get a part for that unit as Samsung is very unreliable with their parts supply. You can not bypass it, but you can try to unplug the unit for 30 seconds then plug it back in. Sometimes the code will clear, but if it does not you need to check the sensor.