Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hello, our Asko D3251 most often seems to stop short of completing

Hello, our Asko D3251 most often seems to stop short of completing cycles. We think this because it runs for under an hour and dishes are not clean and sometimes the detergent does not dispense and there may or may not be standing water in the bottom. However if we barely apply pressure to the dishwasher door (without ever opening it) the washer starts up again. Are the doors super-sensitive on these units? If so, I suppose the wash gets interrupted if the door works itself ever so slightly open? How can we fix this? Thanks!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You are correct, the doors really are rather sensitive on these Asko dishwashers and that definitely appears to be the problem with your unit. Open the door and look at the door striker coming out of the top frame of the dishwasher tub. Bend this striker down slightly so that it barely slides over top of the inner door liner when you shut the door and goes into the door latch. This will help the door latch make a better contact with the door switch. If you still have problems and the striker has been adjusted and you don't see a problem with screws going up into the countertop rubbing on the top of the door when you shut it, then you'd want to replace the latch assembly because it sounds like it's just getting a bit weak.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks very much! I bent he latch just as you recommended. Will try the wash cycle tomorrow and let you know.
Alright, good luck. If it doesn't work then you'd want to replace the door lock assembly inside the door of course.

I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks after slightly bending the metal loop that slides into the door latch, the unit would not come on at all - therefore we have someone coming to replace the latch assembly.
Alright. I hope it's up and running again soon!