Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

LG dishwasher model: LD12AW2 Error code: FE (upside down F) Machine

LG dishwasher model: LD12AW2
Error code: FE (upside down F)
Machine starts to fill up then stops, with alarm beeping and flashing
Any ideas??
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the upside down "F" is supposed to be a lower case "T". The error is actually "tE" which means that your thermistor has failed and the thermistor will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. The thermistor is the part the detects the temperature inside the dishwasher and it's mounted underneath the tub. You'll need to just replace the part and you should be good to go again.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I will indeed order the part. Looks like I shall need am appliance repairman to replace the part - looks a bit difficult for a lay person...

That is possibly true. I guess it just depends on how handy you are.