Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Bought stackable GE washing machine 2008, works great but I

Bought stackable GE washing machine 2008, works great but I must have hit a dial by mistake because there is a red lock icon on dial, machine won't work, how clear it? Pls?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number for your washer so that I can better assist you and see what this red lock icon means?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Perfect, thank you. So you should be able to just press and hold the "SIGNAL" button to the bottom right of the center knob in order to unlock the control panel and remove the red lock symbol. It sounds like your washer just got put into control lock for some reason.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did as instructed, red lock lite still on. What now?

If it won't remove, try to unplug the washer for 60 seconds, plug it back in and try again. If nothing works, then your front interface control board shorted out for one reason or another and the interface control board would need to be replaced. That's a $200 part or so.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I shut off circuit breaker for 60 seconds, cant reach plug. Stackable w/dryrer in closet

Yes, shutting the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds will be sufficient as well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No luck. Thx for efforts. Will call repair.

Alright, unfortunately the interface control board will just need to be replaced at this point since it won't unlock like it's supposed to.