Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag Neptune FAV6800AWW will not turn off when I push

My Maytag Neptune FAV6800AWW will not turn off when I push "Off." If it is plugged in, the lights come on as if I'm programming it for a wash and then the lights cycle through the different spin options, beeping with each change. It'll beep incessantly for a few minutes and then stop. It will allow me to run a load of wash.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately it sounds like your touch control panel is just beginning to fail and it thinks that the spin button is being pushed which is why the lights are cycling through the different spin options and will not turn off if you push off. Below is a link to the touch control panel you'd need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!