Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hi I have an Ilve freestanding electric gas combo. There are

Customer Question

Hi I have an Ilve freestanding electric gas combo. There are two glass panels on the oven door. The inside panel of glass is removable for cleaning. Normally the glass panel is screwed back in place with a bracket and screw on either side of the inside panel. I cannot screw this panel back on, it seems the thread on the inside of the door panel is no longer there? What is the next step? can you advise? many thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! The threaded nut on the inside is spot welded on. That nut has likely fallen off and is laying in the bottom of the door assembly. Can you see anything laying at the bottom of the door?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

both sides of the oven door no longer have a thread. I cannot see anything laying at the bottom of the door, but if they are there, then what. Does this mean the oven door has to be removed and taken apart? and how do the htreads get soldered back on? seems pretty poor for a good appliance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
The door will need to be removed and disassembled to retrieve those nuts, yes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Then what?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Assemble the glass back in place and then refit the door. You won't be able to weld the nuts back in place and no adhesive will work well with the heat, but you can use a spot of glue to hold the nuts in place for the glass installation this time. However, they will likely drop again if the glass is removed in the future. You could replace the inner door assembly with new, but the cost may not warrant the benefits.