Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a ge dishwasher model # XXXXX It will not start.

Customer Question

I have a ge dishwasher model # XXXXX
It will not start. The normal wash and heated dry light continues to burn flashing and the buzzer sounds about every minute or so. Please help me. Thanxx
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The normal light and heated dry light flashing means that the dishwasher failed to advance in its last cycle. Most of the time this means that your control board has failed. However, you can often reset this error code by shutting the door and making sure it is securely shut for 5 minutes. If the door is shut for 5 minutes and the issue isn't the control board the problem will reset itself, but if not then the control board inside the door needs to be ordered and replaced since that is the issue. Below is a link to the control board that you will need to order and replace.